m-Lock - a digital contactless ignition lock using advanced RFID technology
Another world's first in motorcycle accessories from motogadget!
The m-Lock is a digital ignition/starter lock, which completely replaces a mechanical ignition lock and its electrical switching function. When the associated digital key/transponder comes within 50mm distance of the m-Lock, the ignition and power supply of the bike is switched on!
The m-Lock uses the most recent RFID technology (radio frequency identification) and is, contrary to radio remote maintenance, proof against spoofing. Each key is singular by its digital code.
Only the correct digital code can operate the m-Lock. And neither key nor m-Lock can wear mechanically.
The m-Lock switches an automotive relay, which is loadable with up to 50A current - that's sufficient for the biggest bikes.
The option of completely hidden instalation of the small m-Lock behind non-metallic parts, e.g. behind a plastic side cover, makes it possible to get rid of the mechanical starter lock completely. A cleaner look and individual styling of the bike is possible. The m-lock is a great option - particularly for Custombikes!
Also the key provides styling possibilities. The optionally available 'Glass Tube Key' is so small (3 x 13 mm) that it can be sewn into a glove or integrated in other clothing or jewellery (non metallic!). Please note the reduced switching distance (about 5-10 mm) of the 'Glass Tube Key'.
The included 2 standard keys (teardrop shape) are the size of a key tag.
All keys can be bought similar like a key blank and then be 'trained' by the user to the respective m-Lock.
PLEASE NOTE: We don't recommend to use the m-Lock in combination with an immobilizer! Please ask your dealer/manufacturer if the immobilizer can be deactivated.
Advantages at a glance:
- RFID technology is spoof-proof
- each key has a singular code
- the key operates with no physical contact with the m-Lock and rutns on the entire on-board power supply via the relay.
- keys and m-Lock are not subject to mechanical wear
- no battery is necessary for the keys
- The m-lock controls over 50A via automotive relay and thus no overloading or loose connections are possible
- the m-Lock is very small and can be hidden almost anywhere
- the m-Lock is completely moulded and thus water, dust and vibration-proof
- depending on type, the keys are very small (teardrop shape) to tiny (glass tube) and can be integrated into objects such as gloves, clothes, tags (NON METALLIC) etc.
- additional or replacement keys can be purchased and 'trained' to the m-Lock - thus the key service is already integrated
- with a switching gap of approx. 5cm distance, effortless switching is guaranteed, and unintended operation impossible
- a built-in LED indicates the status of the m-Lock. It helps during installation or 'training' of new keys.
Dimensions and technical data:
- Diameter: 30 mm
- Height: 14 mm
- Cable length: approx. 50 cm
- Weight with cable: approx. 30 g
- Attachment: 2 x M3 threaded bush
- Operating voltage: 6 V - 18 V
- Operating temperature: -20°... +80°C
Scope of supply:
m-Lock with approx. 50 cm cable, 1 user key and 1 master key (Teardrop shape), 1 automotive relay 12V 50A, 4 flat pins with isolation sleeve, detailed installation and operating instructions.